- 1 large finely diced, peeled apple, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/8 tsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups homemade applesauce (or store bought)
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 1 1/2 oz chopped walnuts
In small bowl, mix apples, lemon juice and nuts.
In large bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, oil, egg whites, vanilla.
In another bowl, mix cinnamon, wheat flour, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, salt.
Mix applesauce mixture and flour mixture together. Don't over mix.
Fold in apples and nuts.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 minutes. Makes one loaf.