- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 cup (hot or mild) chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup reduced fat cheese, shredded
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Cook the beef or turkey in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it's fully cooked through (about 10 minutes.)
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix the meat, beans, salsa, and chili powder together.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Stir, and then top with the cheese. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.